Here are 10 commercial photography tips to enhance your products or services. As an on-line or catalogue retailer, you will know the importance of having great photos to promote and present your products and services in the right way.
A great picture can capture the imagination and draw a customer towards making a purchase. It can never be underestimated as to the power of what a good product image can achieve.
Here is how to stand out from the crowd and make your products your heroes.
1. It is a myth that great photography needs to cost a fortune. It is always recommended that you make contact with a photographer to ask for a quote on the work they do, and always ensure you get a few quotes from different companies.
2. Be prepared, and have a brief outline of the number of products you wish to have photographed (if you are not sure an estimate is fine), and in what format, and in what environment.
3. If you have a specific budget to work within, it is wise to let the photographer know up front. A good photographer will keep this in mind and recommend an approach that will keep within budget and start you in the right direction.
4. Outline where and how the products are going to be sold, or are currently sold. This helps the photographer understand how the photos are to be used.
5. It is an idea to consider product photography in two ways. The first being a standalone shot on a clean white, black or grey background that will present the features of the product without any distractions. The second is to place the product in a situation, environment, or setting, that shows how it enhances that setting, and maximizes its purpose.
6. Cut out images from magazines that you like and have captured your attention, especially if they are your competitors. This will help you to decide on the direction you would like to take.
7. If you have a brand and a current catalogue of work, then ensure the photographer can see what you have. The photographer can then look at how they can work and keep within any branding requirements.
8. Set a realistic budget for your photos as images can make or break a sale.
9. If you understand how important the right shot is then you are halfway there to increasing your turnover and strengthening your brand.,
10. To make your business stand out from the crowd, ensure you hire a good commercial photographer, one who will give you a no obligation quote, so you can find out how affordable it is to make your products look great, and let the pictures he creates for you do the talking.
Until few years back, maternity photography used to be a luxury activity meant only for the creamy layer of society. Increasing demand of this photography during last couple of years proves that its social acceptance has increased tremendously. Nowadays, most expecting women like to have few photo sessions during pregnancy period. There seems nothing wrong in this desire. With the wide social acceptance in all the age groups, the task of expecting couple to have maternity photography sessions in house or outdoor has become further easy.
The only barrier that still plays crucial role in the decision making for having pregnancy period photography is its high cost. Many people all over the world are still facing the heat of recession and they still feel economically unsafe. Should we let this rarely available opportunity to go waste just because of shortage of budget? Is the baby, still to be born, responsible for your tight budget? The answers to both of these questions would be – ‘No’.
Tight budget never stops you from planning like a professional. Therefore, as soon as you get the pregnancy confirmation, start planning. Do not wait till the third trimester of pregnancy period, which is the ideal time to schedule first maternity photography session. Planning needs time and collective efforts. Apart from it, model mom also needs some time for preparation. Emphasize over the positive approach to solve the restricting issues. To cut down the overall cost of pregnancy period photography, think over the following tips.
It is not compulsory to hire the services of professional and well renowned photographer of the city. Famous photographers usually charge more. But do not compromise with the standard of photographer to save just few bugs; instead, try to book the best suitable pregnancy photographer at most reasonable price using your bargaining and convincing talent. The primary factors that influence the quotes are: photography locations, residential location, numbers of photographs, type of photographs and timings etc. think where you can cut the cost.
Identify the best locations nearby to the photographer’s studio, be ready to adjust the session timings, increase the numbers of photographs per sessions, keep more photography sessions in studio and don’t hire consumes from the photographer. Compare the quotes. Try to influence maternity photographer with photography trade knowledge. To grasp the necessary knowledge about the maternity photography, you may take the help of photography sites and magazines. Try to get the references from your community friends and promise to give him more references. It is a fact that many maternity photographers think maternity photography a luxury activity but when they come to know about your knowledge and tendency of opting to do it by self, they reduce the quote considerably.